Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unique decorating/gift idea


I'm stealing this idea from my sister-in-law (love you shel!) because I love it!

I don't think she'll mind.

She has 3 children, each wonderfully unique.

Lindzy and Keiz


Joren



She had each one of them choose a particular thing that they loveand make a heart out of it!

Keiz chose chocolate chips arranged into a heart on a white plate.

Lindzy chose to draw a heart in the sand.

Joren arranged a heart in their driveway out of Archie comic books.
My sister in law took pictures in black and white ,
then framed them in beautiful frames that she found on sale at Target.

They hang in her master bath where she sees them every day

and is reminded of her lovelies!

I wanted to make something for my close friends so I chose Hot Tamales

since that is my favorite candy!

(sepia)

Now I just have to find the right frames and I have a unique gift for my besties!

(Of course of they read this before I'm done it won't be a surprise, sorry!)

I plan on having my own kids do this too...

I wonder what they'll choose to represent themselves?

~kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment